Tánaiste & Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade
Office of the Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade,
80 St. Stephen’s Green,
Married to Carol Hanney. The couple have three children.
Caltra National School, Caltra, Co Galway;
St Joseph’s College, Garbally, Ballinasloe, Co Galway;
Degree in Psychology from University College Galway now NUI Galway.
- Tánaiste, Government Minister and Leader of the Labour Party.
- Eamon Gilmore was appointed as Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade on the 9th March 2011.
- Became Labour Party Leader in September 2007
- Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe from January 2005 to June 2007
- Labour Party spokesperson on Environment, Housing and Local Government from 2002 to 2007
- Minister of State at the Department of the Marine between 1994 and 1997.
- He was first elected to the Dáil in 1989 for the constituency of Dun Laoghaire. He has been re-elected at every subsequent general election.
Formerly trade union organiser.